Friday, 19 November 2010

Bake of the Week

  

Welcome to something a little bit new, bake of the week. I’m going to share some of my favourite baking treats. I’m a long way from the best baker in the world so I promise they will all be super easy to make!


Everyone makes cupcakes in a slightly different way but my basic recipe goes a little something like this:

200g self raising flour

200g margarine

200g caster sugar

2 medium sized eggs

A teaspoon of vanilla essence

1. Mix together the sugar and margarine

2. Beat in the eggs

3. Stir in the flour and the vanilla essence until light and fluffy

4. Pop into cases and put in the oven (around 170 degrees) for about 15 minutes

How easy is that? Everyone’s ovens will cook slightly differently so practice makes perfect!


One of favourite flavours is mint choc chip. It has a vanilla sponge base with chocolate chips, then chocolate buttercream icing with a hint of peppermint. And finished off with some chocolate sprinkles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your lovely thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...