Wednesday, 11 July 2012

Classic British Pudding Muffins

I've been baking quite a while now but had never tried making muffins. Until now. It's hard not to find inspiration in Britain at the moment, what with the Jubilee and now the Olympics coming up. So I thought I would try classic British pudding flavour muffins. 

First up is an apple crumble muffin. I have seen similar recipes all over the place but in the end I sort of made it up as I went along. Chopped apple mixed in with the muffin mix, and topped with oats and a crumble topping. 

Then I tried a cherry bakewell inspired muffin. Cherries are inside the cake itself and it's topped with almonds and icing.

These muffins are sticky toffee pudding flavour. You can't really tell from the photos but they were sticky and moist. I added a brown sugar topping to give them a bit of crunch too.

Finally, I made an Eton Mess muffin. Raspberries in the muffin and topped with crumbled meringue. I think they would have looked great with a meringue swirl rather than the crumbled meringue, but I've never made my own meringue!



Considering I was limited to what I could find in the cupboards, I'm pretty pleased with how they came out. I keep thinking of little improvements and changes I could make though, so don't be surprised if these appear again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your lovely thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...