Thursday, 26 July 2012

Everything Oz

I'm a massive fan of my Everything Alice book, so when I heard they were bringing out a Wizard of Oz version I knew I would have to buy it. So here's Everything Oz!

The book is crammed full of so many great ideas. Some of them are variations of ideas I've seen floating around the internet, like tin can lanterns. But every project has a great Oz twist. There's something in the book to please everyone, from rainbow cakes for the bakers, to patchwork aprons for the sewers, down to a Toto-inspired doghouse for the more ambitious dog lover. I really can't wait to make the glow in the dark Emerald City, or the balloon mobile. And what girl doesn't want some ruby slippers?

Mixed in with the projects are the great page designs, quotes and photographs that the authors do so well. Even someone who had no clue about the Wizard of Oz (do those people even exist?) would get a feel for the magic of the story through this book. As the projects all fit together so perfectly, they would make a great party theme. In fact, I'm trying to think of an excuse for a party already, maybe my housewarming? After all, there's no place like home! 

I don't want to spoil too many surprises from the book, as half the pleasure is oohing and aahing over every page as you flick through the book. But if you're only going to look at one idea, check out the special witch-themed cupcakes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your lovely thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...