Monday, 3 September 2012

Chocolate Orange Cake

I'll admit this bake was inspired by the Junior Bake Off. As in the children's version of Great British Bake Off. Those kids can really bake though!

So I had a urge to make a chocolate orange cake. It turned out pretty well considering I just made it up as I went along (this is the sole reason for all my baking disasters, despite my excuses about dodgy ovens and poor ingredients). You could taste the orange without it overpowering the cake which is always good.


I did half attempt a marbled effect which didn't work perfectly. That definitely needs more practice!

 

I went with a pretty basic chocolate frosting to finish it off. But I reckon it would be pretty good with a chocolate orange ganache (remember like I learnt here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your lovely thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...