Wednesday, 3 October 2012

Cupcake Decorating at Angel Food Bakery

In an attempt to pack my week off with loads of fun things I signed up for a cupcake decorating class at Angel Food Bakery.




I've never really tried icing my cupcakes 'properly' but I was getting tempted by so many amazing designs in magazines/blogs/books. So the time had come to learn something new.

The class kicked off with some sugarpaste work including making a rose and using silicone moulds. We were shown how to make buttercream icing, and how to adjust the flavours and colours.

We were all shown some key piping techniques and then the fun began! Everyone was provided with 12 cupcakes in 3 different flavours (vanilla, chocolate and red velvet if you're interested!), and could use any of the sprinkles and extras available to decorate their cakes. As well as the sugarcraft pieces we made earlier.

While we decorated, we were also shown how to mix different colour icings and some palette knife icing techniques.

Then the only problem was carrying them home in one piece! I had a great time learning some new decorating techniques, and having a chance to try out some new ideas. I've since made and decorated cupcakes at home, and while they didn't look professional they have definitely improved!

This is the second class I've taken at Angel Food Bakery, after the Cake Pops class last December, and I highly recommend them. I've now got my eye on the French Macaroons class!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your lovely thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...