Thursday, 18 October 2012

Homesick for where I am

Is it possible to feel homesick for where you live right now? I'm pretty sure it's not but it's also how I sort of feel at the moment...

I love living in Brighton, I've been here 5 years now and it's gone in a flash. But recently work has been crazy and I've had lots of other stuff going on. So I haven't really been in Brighton for much of the time. It almost felt like it would be easier to not live here at all. Last weekend was probably the first time I went into town, and did some of my favourite Brighton-y things to do.

And now I miss everything about the place! I miss the sea, and getting blown along the seafront by the 'sea breeze' and the lovely little coffee shops, and both sets of lanes, and, well I think you get the idea.

So I'm planning right now to spend some of this weekend soaking up some proper Brighton air, and reminding myself of absolutely everything I love about the city! Some good old fashioned nostalgia is exactly what I need right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your lovely thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...