Saturday, 6 April 2013

Sow Sare: April

Allotment at first

I really don't need any more hobbies, I barely have time to breathe as it is. But I am now the proud tenant of an allotment! We were on the waiting list for almost 3 years before one became available but it was worth the wait.
Allotment after 1 afternoon there

The site was a mess, covered in grass, brambles and random rubbish. But we have worked really hard to get it all cleared out, and we are almost at the point where we can plant some seedlings.
Allotment currently

I'm not going to be nattering on about it all the time, but I thought it would be nice to record our progress. So say hello to a new monthly feature, Sow Sare (see what I did there!). Hopefully in a few months time I will be able to show off what we have grown.


1 comment:

  1. My grandparents had an allotment for 30+ years and my parents had one for 10 years or so. We then gave both of them back some years ago and now my sister is thinking of getting one. I'm not capable of keeping anything but orchids alive but am seriousely thinking of join in the gardening adventure...

    Have fun planting and harvesting! And keep some cucumber-salad-recipes at hand! As the downside of an allotment is that everything is ready to eat the same time and you get ten cucumbers in one week....

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your lovely thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...