Wednesday, 10 April 2013

What Will I Remember

I've been thinking quite a bit recently about doing things I will remember. Especially when it comes to how I spend my money. I know that I will remember a holiday longer than it takes my tan to fade, or a new camera longer than it takes to edit the photos. I'll certainly remember them longer than I will my morning hot chocolate or a cheeky lunch out.

But making those decisions in the moment is much harder. It's tricky to think of summer sun when Starbucks is calling my name on a chilly morning. So I'm trying to remind myself of what I want to remember, and the answer is not 250 hot chocolates (yes, I did the maths and that's probably how many I drink a year).

Magazines for 1 month = sewing workshop

Hot chocolate every morning for 2 months = return ticket to Edinburgh

Shop brought lunches for 3 months = week in Ibiza

Daily can of coke for a year = second hand DSLR

When I write it out like that it doesn't seem like there's a decision at all. I know I'm not going to give them up entirely but just need some more moderation. So I'm making a concerted effort to spend my money on the necessities and save for those big things I want so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your lovely thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...